I sort of stumbled into a recipe for vegan spinach dip. I decided to blog it because it was really yummy and very easy to make !
1 pk soft tofu, drained
1 pk onion soup/dip mix
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
3 large cloves garlic, peeled
1 pk frozen, chopped spinach, thawed, drained and pressed into colander
8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1. Drain tofu and pat with paper towel.
2. Place tofu in food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour blended tofu in large mixing bowl. Add onion mix, vegan mayonnaise and spinach. Mix together.
4. Place garlic, water chestnuts and scallions in food processor, chop, and add to the spinach mixture.
5. Top with vegan sour cream. Garnish with pine nuts and cayenne pepper. Chill and serve.
I served the dip with organic blue corn chips. It was delicious !