As you already know, I like to make stirfries. I especially like the concept of Lo Mein, minus the egg, of course ! Jose came back from a business trip tonight and I wanted to have something yummy waiting for him. I decided to throw together some veggies and make a vegan Lo Mein.
4 oz noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, seeded and sliced
1/2 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 small summer squash, halved across and sliced
2 cups bean sprouts
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. Blend together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion and stir fry for one minute.
5. Add peppers and summer squash. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the drained noodles, bean sprouts and sauce.
7. Stir fry for another minute or until the mixture is thoroughly heated through. Serve immediately.
If you want to make your Lo Mein spicy, add 1/2 tsp of chili oil to the sauce.