Penne with Italian “Sausage”
What do you do when you get home and scour your refrigerator only to find one green pepper and a faux sausage ? Well, considering these items are still good, you have some options. This is one of them !
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 vegan sausage, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
salt (to taste)
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet/pan over medium heat.
3. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add pepper and sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Drain pasta when done and place in a large bowl. Stir in spices.
5. Add sausage and peppers to pasta and mix well. Serve immediately.
This was easy to make and it satisfied our hunger. Can’t beat that !