Ginger Peach Muffins
There’s nothing like a yummy vegan muffin with a good soy latte. That’s why most weekends, I bake muffins for Geoff and I to take to our favorite coffee shop. I’m always searching for new muffin recipes to try and often ask Geoff for suggestions. We both really like peaches and he has a thing for cream cheese (reminds me of Foamy) so I tried this combination and the outcome was super yummy !!
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp crystallized ginger, minced
egg replacer for 2 eggs
1/2 cup melted non-hydrogenated margarine
1 1/2 cup frozen peaches, chopped
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine soy milk and lemon juice. Set aside (for at least 5 minutes).
3. Sift flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg replacer, melted margarine and soy milk mixture. Add to the dry mixture until just moistened.
5. Fold in the crystallized ginger and chopped peaches. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups. Lightly push in 1 tsp cream cheese into each center.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean. They should be golden brown on top.
I finished these (picture) with Sarah Kramer’s crumbly pecan topping, but they’re great without it as well.